Thursday, December 29, 2011

Fin (For Now)

Last week was a mad rush. I was always afraid when I found out that there was a blog requirement to this project, that I would get so busy with the actual work, I would have a hard time taking time to blog. This tends to happen with a lot of my previous blogging. I must say I did far better than I thought I would.

Anyway, last week I was really working hard on trying to fix a bug I was having before turning in my code. Maya would randomly key all of the joints at a certain frame into my animations, when I used the tool. It made no sense, because they were always being keyed at frame 29, and I checked my code numerous times to make sure I wasn't keying anything at that frame. The weirdest thing about it was that the positions for all of the joints was off considerably, but only at 29. The rest were all right. I never figured it out, and I'm assuming it's a Maya quirk, because I was having a random key at frame 42 earlier. And then much earlier in the project, frame 1's keys would be off. It's strange, but I haven't figured it out, so I had to turn it in with that issue.

Besides that, I tried to clean up some of my animations last week. I still think the arm movements are off, and I should re-set them again, and looking back on everything, I wish I had spent more time on the animations themselves beforehand. I think I spent a lot more time on the automatic rigging, which took significant time from me later when I was trying to perfect the animations. Understandable, since I thought the automatic rigging would work, but not everything goes to plan, unfortunately.

Anyway, below are some of the videos I put in my final video. (They're currently uploading to Youtube, forgot to do that while in Virginia.) Good night, folks!

[Edit - Youtube videos!]

Using the shelf

Tall vs. Short

Combined motion comparisons

No comments:

Post a Comment